Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Barbecued Pork Chops & Baked Potatoes

Last night I was undecided about what to make for dinner until about 3:30. It turns out I had some leftover pork chops from a recipe I used on Sunday. I have just recently started using pork and am not really familiar with all its uses yet, so this was kind of an experiment.

We had 4 big chops and we covered them with honey barbecue sauce and a smokey mesquite grilling spice. Then Jeremy threw them out on the grill. I think we probably should have pounded them out a little because they were kind of tough, but it actually turned out to be really good!
A quick side that works great with a barbecue is baked potatoes. I like to make baked potatoes because the preparation is so quick and easy. I rubbed them with butter, then seasoned them with onion powder, garlic powder, season all, salt, and pepper. Then I covered the dish with foil let them bake for an hour at 350 degrees. The kids surprisingly gobbled up this meal and ate every bite of meat we gave them. Since I had just started my new food blog we had to laugh because the dinner itself was a little disastrous. Jeremy went to pass me the bbq sauce during dinner and slid it across the table, knocking over Alexandra's water into her plate and covering her baked potato with water. I hurried to clean the plate while Jeremy cleaned up the table. Then Nathan thought he was big enough to cut his meat on his own and refused to let Jeremy help. He was pushing too hard on the meat and his plate went flying into his lap - getting bbq sauce all over his shirt.

Maybe I set my expectations too high for our "first wonderful post". By the end we were all laughing about it! I guess at least we all got full and it tasted great, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails