Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More More Casserole

I'll admit, this meal is much better than it looks! THIS is More More Casserole. It's one I used to have when I was little and now I feed it to my kids. It has a bunch of stuff in it that they will eat and they really like it. :) I served it without a side because I was totally out of "side" ingredients. That's ok though. It has everything in it we need to be healthy, right? So I can still chalk it up to a full meal.


More More Casserole
1 c. spaghetti noodles, broken into 1/2" pieces
1 lb. ground beef
1 (12 oz) can whole kernel corn
1/4 c. green peppers, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
3/4 t. chili powder
1 c. mild chedder cheese, grated

Cook noodles in boiling, salted water until tender (10 min). Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper. Drain fat. Drain noodles and corn. Add all ingredients together except cheese. Stir well. Pour into casserole dish and top with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

What I did differently:
I substituted the ground beef with 3 cups of cooked red beans. I just sauteed the onions and green peppers together in a pan until they were soft and added them to the mixture.

Here is what the finished product looked like - just out of the oven. TASTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails