Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Breakfast Burritos for Dinner

I love having breakfast foods for dinner. They are so good and I rarely have time in the mornings to make them. Last night was crazy for us because Athena and Samantha had dance and choir in the afternoon and we got home right at dinner time. This was a very easy to make, one-skillet meal. I didn't follow a specific recipe, I just threw it all together. So, for this recipe, feel free to add or take away whatever your family may or may not like. The whole thing took me about 25 minutes to make. It would take longer if you don't use precooked bacon. It was my first time trying it because it was on sale. :) Sometimes I throw in ham, or just omit the meat.

Breakfast Burritos
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 green pepper, chopped
10 strips of bacon (precooked)
2 mushrooms, chopped small
3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
12 eggs
milk
salt and pepper to taste
grated cheese

Prepare the onion, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and bacon. Put it all into the skillet and cook on medium heat until it the onions and green peppers are soft. While those are cooking, mix the eggs together, pour abt 1/4 c. milk into the egg mixture and salt and pepper. When the veggies in the skillet are mostly cooked, pour in the egg mixture and cook it like scrambled eggs. Cook this all together until the eggs are done. Then top with cheese and cover until the cheese is melted. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, and ketchup or salsa.

This is the finished product. It smelled so good!

To put it together on my plate, I used a whole wheat tortilla.


Then I put the sour cream and ketchup on my tortilla. A lot of people prefer salsa, but I like ketchup.


Add the egg mixture to the tortilla.


Wrap it up and eat.

For our drink we had homemade grape juice.

I enjoyed making this dinner because 1) everyone in the family likes it and 2) Athena stayed with me in the kitchen and helped me cook. I've noticed that when I allow the kids to help me cook, they eat their dinner better and appreciate more the work that goes into it. She got to see every step of the dinner-making process and had some one-on-one time with mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails