Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day Dinner

For Mother's Day, Jeremy was in charge of dinner, so we had a barbecue with hamburgers and corn on the cob. I'm so picky about the meat that I insisted on making it anyway . . . but he cooked it, cut all the veggies, and prepared the corn on the cob.

Mostly I don't like the taste of the meat in hamburgers, so I use every means possible to cover it up - and with everything combined it actually makes for a great burger.

Hamburgers
ground beef
pureed onion
worcestershire sauce
A1
oatmeal
celery salt
garlic powder
salt
pepper

I use my kitchenaid for this mix, but you could use a regular mixer too. It makes the meat stay together so much better while cooking when you mix it well.

I just add a little of everything into the kitchenaid mixer with the ground beef. Then I mix it well, until the meat sticks together well enough to make patties. I puree the onion with a blender so the taste of the onion is all the way through the meat when it cooks.

The meat patties were so good! All the kids ate well and thoroughly enjoyed them. Samantha even ate 2 burgers! I like my burgers loaded with all the fresh toppings. Today we had on hand lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and onions.


Corn on the Cob
We also had corn on the cob with this dinner. I thought it was ok, but I would do it differently the next time. Jeremy put butter on the corn, then rolled it in a mix of salt, basil, onion powder, and parmesan cheese. Then he wrapped them in foil and cooked them on the barbecue grill.  The one thing I would omit would be the parmesan cheese. It clumped together and some of it got burned in the foil. Other than that, the corn was great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails