Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Alexandra!

Hooray! We got to celebrate a birthday over the weekend! Alexandra turned 3. In our house, the birthday person gets to pick the dinner and the dessert. :) She had her cake picked out a couple of weeks ago. She definitely wanted a barbie cake. So, being the kind mom that I am, I granted her wish and decorated this cake for her.

I have to admit, I take the easy way out with birthday cakes. I use the Wilton cake pans that come with a pattern and everything. The cake took me about 1 1/2 hours to decorate and she LOVED it.

For her birthday dinner, she relieved me by picking pizza. That makes my job a whole lot easier! I ran down to our local Papa Murphy's, picked up dinner, and absolutely THRILLED my 3-year-old. I love it when kids are so easy to please.

My only suggestion when using Papa Murphy's pizza, is to first of all - USE COUPONS - and second of all, dress it up at home and it will taste a lot better.

I went online and found coupons on their site (http://www.papamurphys.com/). Then when I ordered my pizzas, I paid for a couple of toppings that I didn't have on hand at home. Then I came home and added green peppers, onions, and sprinkled on italian seasoning. They turned out really good! 

Here is the birthday girl all ready to enjoy her pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails