Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Salad and Breadsticks

This was our dinner last night. Just salad and breadsticks. (click link for recipe) I didn't go all out with a main dish, but we all ended up nourished and full. Isn't that what counts? The kids ate every last drop of their dinner and then some.
I had some pizza sauce left over that I really didn't want to throw out, so hence, the breadsticks. I made the recipe I posted on here before, but this time I added rosemary into the dough mixture. WOW! They were so good! I've never used rosemary before and couldn't believe the flavor difference in the breadsticks.

This time for the salad I used red leaf lettuce and chopped spinach leaves. Then I added sliced green peppers, carrots, and cucumbers. I also boiled some eggs, cut them up, and we sprinkled those on top.

No one seemed to really miss the main dish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails